LCD Monitors Vs CRT Monitors
CRTs are better than LCDs because:
- They cost less.
- They display more colors.
- They react faster and can display moving images without smearing or artifacts.
- They use emissive technology, which means that they generate their own light, so you can view images from any angle.
LCDs are better than CRTs because:
- They are smaller and lighter.
- They consume less energy.
- The image is crisper because each pixel is displayed by a specific set of liquid crystal cells.
- Eyestrain and fatigue are reduced because there is no flicker.
- While there is no conclusive evidence about the health hazards of low-frequency electromagnetic emissions, LCDs emit much fewer than CRTs.
- Some LCDs pivot, so you can work in landscape or portrait mode.
- LCDs are less prone to interference from other devices, and you can put two side-by-side without encountering problems.
- The image geometry is always perfect.
- The flat face of an LCD tends to reflect less glare than most CRTs.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]