LG TV Picture Settings and Calibration
For LG Plasma, LED and LCD TVs
A television in the process of being calibrated before we begin our review.
We have calibrated the below LG TVs based on strict ISF calibration guidelines using Sencore signal generators, colorometers, and Cal-Man Pro software. Picture settings for each television listed are optimized to or as close as possible to the D6500K color temperature.
The picture shown above is a CIE diagram, CIE is the International Commission on Illumination and he diagram is a mathmatical representation of a color standard on a 2D plane. White is in the center and the gray line is color temperature. The professional video and film industry uses D6500K as the standard for white so calibrating a television to that standard gets the picture closest to what the producers of the content envisioned.
Upper tier televisions will typically have more options for calibrating the picture such as 10 point white balance controls. Lower tier TVs will have 2 point white balance controls or none at all.
LG provides an unusually robust 10 point white balance calibration scale even in their mid range LCD and LED TVs. The company is very progressive in this category. ISF calibrators gravitate toward these LG TVs due to the fact that they have more control over the end picture performance of the TV.
Below is a listing of the LG series we currently have calibrated picture settings posted for. The picture settings are on the main review but apply to all sizes in a particular series of televisions.
2014 LG LED TVs
- LG 55LM8600 Picture Settings - Also works for 47LM8600
- LG 55LM7600 Picture Settings - Also works for 47LM7600
- LG 55LM6700 Picture Settings - Also works for 47LM6700
- LG 55LW6500 Picture Settings - Also works for 65LW6500 and 47LW6500
- LG 55LW5600 Picture Settings - Also works for 47LW5600
- LG 55LV5500 Picture Settings - Also works for 47LV5500 and 42LV5500
- LG 55LV3700 Picture Settings - Also works for 47LV3700 and 42LV3700