TV Screen Size Calculator
Choosing the correct screen size is an important part of getting the best out of your home theater experience. Too close and you will be able to see the construction of the TV screen (the actual pixels), too far and you'll lose the impact of the programs you're watching.
Compared to old standard definition TVs you can sit much closer to today's high definition televisions without negatively affecting your experience.
You can use the calculator below to find a good viewing distance for your TV or to find the correct size of television for the room you watch it in.
For viewing height you should try to place the center of the television at the height your eyes will be when viewing. If you must mount the TV higher because of a fireplace or other reasons you should consider a tilt wall mount to angle the TV towards your eyes.
- 3D TV Buying Tips; Read our 12 step Guide to Buying 3D TVs. See Ratings and Recommendations
- Advantages for LCD and LED LCD Flat Screen Televisions
- Are Plasma TVs and LCD TVs the Same?
- Buy an LCD TV or LCD LED Flat Screen TV; How and where to get the best price
- Choosing the Perfect Plasma TV: Top Selling Plasma Television Models